Monday, May 10, 2010

Americana Anticipation Volume 1

Where: Hotel4Youth, Berlin, Germany
Listening to: GREEK
Phrase of the day: Danke Schoen

Well, I have now been abroad for almost four full months. It definitely has been an amazing experience. At the same time I think I am ready to come back to the land of the free and the home of the free gift with purchase. So in honor of my ONE WEEK left in Europe, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite things about this American life (NPR reference from my broadcast journalism days if you didn't know).

FOOD

CHIPOTLE

Lots of guacamole

Steak, mashed potatoes (NOT made from a package) and green peas

Nori Sushi—preferably the Shaggy Dog roll, Miso soup, California, Jalapeno

Grilled salmon

Raising Caine’s

Hungry’s grilled salmon and iceberg lettuce

Danish open faced sandwiches

Asparagus

Broccoli

LOTS AND LOTS OF SALADS

Artichokes

Limitless fountain cokes


THINGS

  1. See my family
  2. Play with Baron, my dog
  3. MANICURE/PEDICURE
  4. Catch up on 30 Rock
  5. Wash every single item of clothing I own
  6. JACUZZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With tons of bubbles.
  7. Make cookies.
  8. Eat all of the above food.
  9. Go swimming
  10. Cuddle with Baron
  11. Jump on the trampoline with soap and water
  12. Go to spinning
  13. SEE A MOVIE IN A MOVIE THEATER!
  14. Eh drive I guess. Since I haven’t in 4 months
  15. Read the Houston Chronicle
  16. Sit out by the pool and palm trees with a magazine
  17. Sitting on my big red couch
  18. Listen to music in the bathroom while getting ready etc.
  19. TOWEL WRAP
  20. Wearing different clothes
  21. Freshly cleaned clothes warm from the dryer
  22. Tea
  23. See my friends
  24. Go back to my apartment, Missouri friends and the vintage princess room!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment